Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins

'Tis the season for pumpkin recipes!!  I have so much canned pumpkin at my house it's not even funny.  Pinterest sure does inspire!  I also had a can of apple pie filling so thought I mix the two flavors together - these are amazing.  And it makes a ton of muffins, about 18 to 24.  


I added a streusel topping for a bit of added sweetness and crunch.  It's just butter, cinnamon, sugar and flour mixed together and sprinkled over the top before baking. 

Makes 18-24 muffins

Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins

2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 can of apple pie filling
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

For the streusel topping
2 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 teaspoons butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 12-cup muffin tins with liners (or spray with non-stick cooking spray).  In a large bowl, mix the eggs, pumpkin and apple pie filling until combined.  In a smaller, separate bowl, mix the flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt.  Add to the wet ingredients and stir just until everything is combined.

Using an ice cream scoop, fill the cup cake liners about 3/4 of the way full.  In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the streusel topping.  Using a fork or knife, keep cutting through the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.  Distribute evenly over the muffin batter.

Bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.

(Source:  Adapted from allrecipes.com)

  Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved