Friday, October 25, 2013

Baby Arugula, Cranberry and Pecan Salad

I'm obsessed with this salad!  Such a perfect fall dinner or side.  This is actually the first time I've ever tried arugula and it certainly will not be my last.  I've been missing out!  Tangy and peppery and delicious.  


I don't care for feta, but that is what the original recipe called for.  Feta is one of those things that I want to like (is that weird?) but I just can't do any of those really strong crumbly cheeses.  The dressing for this salad is unbelievable...so simple but packed with flavor.  This would be a very pretty side dish to serve at a Holiday dinner.

Serves 2

Baby Arugula, Cranberry and Pecan Salad

1 head of Romaine, chopped and rinsed
1 cup of Baby Arugula
1/3 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella

For the dressing 
2 tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
1 small shallot, grated or minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil

In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the salad.  In a smaller bowl, combine the Balsamic, shallot and salt.  Slowly pour in the olive oil and whisk until emulsified. 

Pour dressing over the salad and toss gently. 

(Source:  adapted from Kali Orexi)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved