Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Cadbury Mini Egg Blondies

Wondering what in the world to do with all the leftover Easter candy?  I say turn it into a cookie!  These blondies are out of this world.  They were gone in less than day.  


Cadbury Mini Eggs...you know those chocolate eggs with the candy shell?  They are mixed throughout a buttery blondie batter.  I'll say it again, seriously, out of this world. 


And now I'll tell you the real reason I'm posting this after Easter.  Because I had every intention of posting this before Easter to share with you all!  My oven went caput two days before the Holiday.  Actually pretty much as I was trying to bake my first batch of these.  They were taking forever and I didn't realize that my oven was barely hot!  In fact, I finally took them out after 35 minutes because the top seemed done but they were complete mush underneath. 

Well, we ended up needing a new element, and I just had to make these again when my oven was fixed.  From the little taste of the corner that I got from the ruined batch, I knew that these were sure to become an Easter tradition in our house!  Can't wait until I can get this candy next year! 

Makes 16 bars

Cadbury Mini Egg Blondies

2 sticks butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 (10 oz) bag of Cadbury Mini Eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.  In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, one at a time, mixing to incorporate after each one.  Add vanilla and mix to combine.  

In a small bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.  Gradually add flour mixture to wet mixture until combined.  Remove bowl from stand mixer and add chocolate eggs, stirring by hand.

Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the top to make it level.  Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown.  It's best to leave these underdone so if you use a toothpick to check the center, it shouldn't come out completely clean. 

You may also like:


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved