Friday, May 30, 2014

Honey Cilantro-Lime Grilled Chicken

 By far our favorite weeknight meal.  So easy, so incredibly good and healthy!  I make this at least once a week and will probably make it even more now that summer is here and we will be grilling constantly.


This is actually based on my recipe for Honey Lime Chicken Skewers, but I think I grilled the chicken on the skewers that one time and never did it again.  Ain't nobody got time for that!  Too much preparing...the cutting, the skewering, no thanks.  I also added cilantro to this marinade because I lately cannot live without cilantro.  You can also leave out the Sriracha if you don't want it spicy.      


The marinade makes enough to prepare the chicken and to save some for after it's cooked.  We always eat this with brown rice, then drizzle the extra sauce over the top of the grilled chicken and rice.  Once you make this dish, I know you'll have it on repeat as well!   

Serves 4

Honey Cilantro-Lime Grilled Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Juice of 2 limes
4 garlic cloves, minced
1-2 teaspoons Sriracha (optional)

In a 2-cup mixing cup, combine the soy sauce, honey, olive oil, cilantro, lime, garlic and Sriracha sauce.  Whisk until everything is combined.  Pour half into a large zip lock plastic bag and add the chicken breasts.  Seal bag and shake to ensure all the chicken breasts are coated.  Place the bag in a bowl (just in case there is a leak or spill!) and allow to sit in the fridge for an hour.  Place the other half of the marinade in the fridge until ready to use. 

Preheat grill to medium high heat.  Grill chicken for 6 to 8 on each side, until juices run clear.  Serve over rice and with the extra sauce drizzled over or as a dip. 

You may also like:



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved