Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Honey-Lime Chicken Skewers

One of the many things I love about Savannah is that is stays summer-like for a pretty long time.  This means that we can enjoy being outside and do outdoorsy things like grilling well into October.  The weather was exceptionally warm this weekend - like high 80's -so we finished some landscaping in our backyard, fired up the grill and hung outside with a couple of cold beers.  Ahhh....

I liked this recipe and marinade from Kitchen Meets Girl because it's simple, full of flavor and it only needs to sit for about an hour.  Easy.  I actually made double the amount of the marinade because we ended up dipping our chicken in it - it is just too good!  In fact, I served rice with this and honestly, I just poured a bunch of the sauce over my rice and mixed everything all together.  


And you know, I soaked my Bamboo skewers like they always tell you to and I still burnt the ends - happens every time...

Serves 2-4

Honey-Lime Chicken Skewers

3 tablespoons soy sauce**
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
juice of one lime
2 garlic cloves
1-2 teaspoons Siracha
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces

In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, honey, oil, lime, garlic and Siracha and mix thoroughly.  Pour into a large zip lock plastic bag and add chicken breast.  Seal bag and toss around a bit to ensure all the chicken breast pieces are fully coated.  Place bag in a bowl and allow to sit in the fridge for at least an hour.  

In the meantime, if you are using Bamboo skewers, soak your sticks in water for at least 15 minutes.  Remove your chicken pieces from the marinade and skewer.  Grill on medium high heat for 6-8 minutes per side, until juices run clear.

** This is the original recipe for the marinade.  You can make double like I did, just make it all together and divide it half - half will be used to marinade the chicken and the other half to use later on your rice or just to dip.  

(Source:  Adapted from Kitchen Meets Girl)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved