Friday, April 18, 2014

Cilantro Lime Rice

Talk about a light, fresh side dish.  Fresh cilantro, lime zest and lime juice make this an amazing accompaniment to your summertime dinner - especially if you're grilling.   I served this with my Honey-Lime Chicken Skewers and it was the perfect addition!      


I used 5-minute rice so this dish was done in no time.  Keep this recipe to use in burritos or as a burrito bowl, a la Chipotle (how much do we LOVE Chipotle?).  You may want to add more lime juice after the rice has been cooked (and when you add the cilantro).  I know I wanted a stronger lime flavor, so I added the juice of a second lime, but do so according to your taste.  

Serves 3-4

Cilantro Lime Rice

3 cups reduced sodium chicken broth, or water
3 cups minute rice
zest of 1 lime
juice of 1-2 limes
3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped 

In a medium saucepan, combine the 3 cups of chicken broth or water, lime zest and juice of 1 lime. Bring to a boil.  Add the minute rice, stir, remove from heat and cover for 5 minutes.  Fluff with fork, add the cilantro and the juice from the 2nd lime if desired .  Serve warm.  

You may also like:


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved