Monday, April 7, 2014

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

I make banana bread so often that it's fun to change it up a bit and try mixing in different flavors.  I always add chocolate chips, sometimes pecans, but this time I tried peanut butter.  Delicious!  


Not only is there peanut butter mixed into the batter, I also swirled it into the top.  So as you are eating it, you'll get a couple of bites of an even stronger peanut butter flavor.  And what goes better with chocolate than peanut butter?  


You'll notice a mixture of milk and vinegar in this recipe.  That is actually a substitution for buttermilk and I'll tell you what, I never buy buttermilk for baking since I discovered this.  You just have to let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes before adding it to your batter so I usually do that first before I start to mix everything together.  

Makes 2 loaves

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter, plus about 6 teaspoons for top of batter
4 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 cup milk + 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar added 
6 ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Using an electric mixer, combine the oil, sugar and 1/2 cup of peanut butter.  Combine flour, baking soda and baking powder and add to sugar mixture.  Add the milk/vinegar mixture and bananas and mix well.  Using a wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate and peanut butter chips.  

Pour into 2 well greased loaf pans (9 x 5-inch).  Drop remaining peanut butter by 1/2 teaspoons evenly over the top of the two batters (so 6 dollops per loaf).  Use a butter knife to swirl the peanut butter into the top of the batter.  Bake for 45-50 minutes. Start checking at 40 minutes and tent with foil if top is getting too brown.  Bread is done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.  

Let cool for 5 minutes in the pans, then turn out on a wire wrack to finish cooling.  Store at room temperature for up to 3 days.  Bread can be kept in the freezer for up to 3 months (wrap in foil and place in freezer bag).

You may also like:


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved