Monday, April 30, 2012

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

And yes, they are healthy!!  I added the chocolate chips because I have to have chocolate, but really, the mini chocolate chips compliment all of these flavors so well.  What a great way to get fiber, protein and lots of energy from these tasty, good for you muffins.  The wheat germ is optional, I just threw that in for an added nutrient...if you have it, throw it in for sure.  Wheat germ is an excellent way to get iron, vitamin E, calcium, vitamins A and B...the list goes on and on.  SO good for you!  I highly recommend having it around anyway.  I love how moist these muffins are in the middle.  I also liked having the banana mashed but still a little chunky so you get a bite of it here and there, not just the flavor of it.  These are great for breakfast or as an after school snack...I know you're whole family will love them (this recipe is very easy to double).  

Makes 6 muffins

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

1 1/2 cups oats
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup milk
1 large egg, beaten
1 banana, mashed
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 6 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.  In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, wheat germ, light brown sugar, baking powder and kosher salt.  Add in the vanilla extract, milk and egg. Mix the ingredients together.  Add in the mashed banana, peanut butter and chocolate chips. Combine all of the ingredients.  Using an ice cream scoop or large cookie scoop, fill each cup on the muffin tin about 3/4 of the way full.  Bake for 25 minutes.


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved