Monday, April 9, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Chili

I am constantly on the hunt for delicious, quick and easy dinners...especially for the Crock Pot.  Are you ready for how fast this one is?  I mean, like 5 minutes to put together.  Crazy, right?  Why wouldn't you make it?  Seriously, mix it up before you go to work, turn on the Crock Pot and dinner is ready for you when you get home!


I've seen quite a few variations of this recipe online and on Pinterest, and I have to admit that this recipe came about because I read one of the original recipes wrong!  That, or because it was one of those times where I thought, "Oh, I don't need a list to go to the grocery store."  And we all know how that usually turns out.  :)  So I thought it called for a packet of taco seasoning, when it really called for a packet of ranch seasoning.  Upon getting home without the ranch dressing mix, I had to make do.  And really, now, I wouldn't do it any of way! This has become a staple in our house.  My husband likes to eat it with tortilla chips, almost like a dip.  This "chili" is thick so it definitely works that way, but honestly, I like to just dig right in with my spoon.  It also reheats great the next day for lunch!

Serves 4

Crock Pot Chicken Chili

2 frozen chicken breasts*
1 can black beans, drained
1 can corn
1 can diced tomatoes (either plain or spicy red pepper works great too)
1 packet of lower sodium taco seasoning
1 cup reduced fat ranch dressing, divided
8 oz reduced fat cream cheese
Reduced fat chicken broth, optional

Place the chicken breasts in the Crock Pot and pour black beans, corn and tomatoes (both undrained) over top.  Add taco seasoning, 1/2 cup of ranch and stir all together.  Place cream cheese on top and cook on high for 5-7 hours until chicken is cooked through.  Remove chicken when done, shred and return to Crock Pot.  Stir in the remaining 1/2 cup of ranch and serve.  If it's too thick, add chicken broth to taste and stir.

*if your chicken is thawed, cook on low for 5-7 hours instead of high Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved