Thursday, April 26, 2012

Chicken Alfredo Pizza

 We make pizza at home a lot, almost every week, so I like to come up with new and different ideas for my family to try.  When I made pizza dough (click to go to recipe) last weekend, I knew that I wanted to do something with chicken.  I thought about going with the old staple in our house, Buffalo chicken stromboli, or maybe turning that into a pizza, but then I remembered seeing a recipe for an Alfredo pizza, which sounded so good.  In order to keep it as simple as possible, I used a jar of Alfredo sauce, only kicked up a notch...I used a Four Cheese Rosa sauce.  Like a white sauce, only it's pink because it has tomatoes mixed in.  I sauteed the chicken with a little spicy Montreal grill seasoning (as usual!) which added incredible flavor to the whole dish.  Top it off with a ton of mozzarella cheese and your family will flip over this!!  

I'm loving my pizza stone (it's so awesome! I highly recommend one if you make a lot of pizzas, strombolis, etc) but you can very easily roll this out to a 9x13 inch baking sheet for thicker crust or a 13x18 inch baking sheet for a thinner, crispier crust.    




Pizza dough (about 1 pound)
1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed 
2 tablespoons olive oil 
1 tablespoon spicy Montreal grill seasoning (or salt and pepper)
1/2 cup Four Cheese Rosa sauce (by Bertolli - or you can use regular Alfredo sauce)
3 cups Mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil.  Once hot, add the chicken and season with grill seasoning or a generous portion of salt and pepper.  Cook chicken until completely done throughout.  Set aside.  

If using a baking sheet, spray with Canola or Vegetable oil cooking spray.  Roll out dough to fit your pizza stone or baking sheet.  At this point, pull pizza stone out of the oven and place dough on warmed stone.  Or place dough on greased baking sheet.  Top dough with sauce, leaving about a 1 inch border the whole way around for the crust.  Sprinkle chicken evenly over sauce.  Top with Mozzarella, Parmesan and garlic salt.

Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the crust is done and golden brown.    

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved