Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Flourless Fudge Cake with Glaze

Talk about a rich, decadent dessert!  Wow.  Such a deep chocolate flavor.  Instant espresso powder is added to the batter, which completely brings out the chocolate flavor.  This recipe was adapted from the King Arthur Flour website (which I thought was kinda funny - a flourless cake?  Get it?).  The only difference between theirs and mine was that I only added 2 eggs - and that was because I only had 2 eggs left.  It turned out great and not at all crumbly like it says on their website.  My cake stayed completely intact when I flipped it over out of the pan.  


The steps and instructions are so easy, too, right up my alley.  Semi-sweet chocolate chips right out of the bag and the microwave too!  I made this cake in the matter of time it took me to cook up a grilled cheese for lunch for my daughter.  Do not forget your glass of milk with this cake..  

12 servings

Flourless Fudge Cake with Glaze

1 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon espresso powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

For the glaze
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy cream

For the cake: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Grease a round 8" cake pan.  In a medium microwavable bowl, combine the chocolate chips and butter and microwave for 30 second intervals until the chocolate chips have melted completely.  Pour mixture into a mixing bowl.  Mix in the sugar, salt, espresso powder and vanilla extract.  Add the eggs and mix until smooth.  Add cocoa powder and mix until combined.  
Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes.  The top will start to look like the crust of a brownie.  Let stand 5 minutes, then turn out onto a serving plate.  It can remain upside down.  Let cool completely before glazing.  
Glaze:  In a medium bowl, combine the chocolate chips and cream and microwave for 30 second intervals until the cream is hot and the chocolate chips are melted.  Pour into the middle of the cooled cake and spoon in a circle until the top is completely covered.  You can also let some drip down the sides. 
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved