Friday, April 25, 2014

Oreo Banana Cream Pie

I make a banana cream pie or some version of it every year for my husbands birthday.  One year, I made this Banana Pudding Poke Cake (one of the most popular recipes on my blog!).  This year, he wanted both a banana cream pie and my Double Layer "Dirt" Cake (you gotta check this one out too)...I think he just couldn't decide.  Me being the wonderful wife I am, agreed.  


Fast forward to baking day and I discover that most of the Oreos for the "dirt" cake were missing.  Ah-hem, husband...guess you didn't want that cake THAT bad.  Since I had some of the Oreos plus all of the ingredients for the banana cream pie, I decided to sort of combine the two.  Wow, SO glad some of the cookies went missing - this pie is amazing!  


Pudding in pies or cakes is my favorite.  Add a bit of crunch from the cream filled sandwich cookies and what you have is pure bliss.  So delicious!  And I love the fact that it's no-bake.  Easy!  


I started with a chocolate graham cracker crust (and made it easy on myself by using a ready to use one).  That gets layered with bananas, pudding, cookies, more bananas, more pudding, Cool Whip, then more cookies.  I'll say it again - ah-mazing!!  

Serves 8

Oreo Banana Cream Pie

1 ready-to-use chocolate graham cracker pie crust
2 ripe bananas, sliced, divided in half
2 (4 serving) packages banana pudding flavor instant pudding
2 1/2 cups cold skim milk
2 cups Cool Whip, thawed, divided in half
20 Oreos, crushed, divided in half

Place half of the bananas in the bottom of the pie crust.  Combine pudding mixes and mix in a large bowl.  Whisk for 2 minutes or until well blended.  Gently fold in 1 cup of the whipped topping.  Spoon half of the pudding mixture in the crust, over the bananas.  Top with remaining banana slices and sprinkle on 1/2 of the crushed Oreos.  Cover with remaining pudding mixture.  

Refrigerate 3 hours or until set.  Top with remaining Cool Whip, then sprinkle on remaining Oreos.  Serve cold and store leftovers covered in fridge.  

You may also like:


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved