Monday, June 2, 2014

No-Bake Chocolate and Raisin Oat Bars

If you've been following my blog, you may have noticed I love peanut butter, chocolate and oats together.  Alright, who am I'm kidding, I'm borderline obsessed.  I have made these bars so many times I can make them in my sleep.


Sometimes I use a 8 x 8-inch pan, sometimes it's a 9 x 9 and this time it was a 9 x 13 pan.  It doesn't matter to me, just depends on what I have available or if I'm in the mood for a thicker bar or if it feel like I want them to last longer (in that case, it's a 9 x 13-inch pan).


Do not substitute or leave out the coconut oil!  It makes these bars so creamy.  I'm so addicted to these.  It's about time to make another pan!  

Makes approximately 30 bars

No-Bake Chocolate and Raisin Oat Bars

1 cup peanut butter
2/3 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 cups oats
1 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup raisins

In a medium saucepan over medium, combine the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil.  Stir until melted.  Remove from heat and add oats, chocolate chips and raisins.  Combine everything together until the chocolate is completely melted.  Pour into a greased 9 x 13-inch pan and store in the fridge for about 2 hours until firm.  Cut into squares or bars and store leftovers covered in the refrigerator.

(Source:  Adapted from New Nostalgia)

You may also like:


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved