Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Chocolate Butter Pecan Bars

I love everything about this bar cookie!  The bottom layer is this buttery, sink your teeth into crust that is out of this world.  Then, while still hot from the oven, it gets topped with a mixture of chocolate chips and pecans.      


The middle may be a bit underdone at 25 or 30 minutes, but that's when the bottom layer is the best.  Don't over bake or you'll end up with more of flaky crust.  I actually wanted to not spread the chocolate chips as they were melting, just because I liked the way the top looked.  But...I couldn't help my self and needed to sneak a bite.  Once I cut into them while everything was still warm, the chocolate was just so melty everywhere that I ended up spreading it all over.  Still yum!    

Makes 9 bars

Chocolate Butter Pecan Bars

1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1/4 teaspoon salt

For the topping
1 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease an 8 x 8-inch pan.  In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and brown sugar until light and creamy.  Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix.  Combine the flour and salt in a separate bowl, then add to the wet ingredients.  Beat until everything is combined.

Dump batter into the prepared pan and press with fingers to form an even layer.  Bake 25-30 minutes.  Top with chocolate chips and pecans while hot.  As the chocolate chips melt, use a butter knife or spatula to spread the chocolate all over the top.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved