Friday, January 10, 2014

Stove Top Hot Chocolate

So it's been cold - like bitterly cold.  Too much for us down South to handle!  I mean 6 degrees and frozen pipes?  Not something we are used to.  Really not much to do except keep warm inside, play some games and of course make hot chocolate!


This is my favorite recipe for hot chocolate.  Made on the stove top, it will take just minutes!  It's creamy and sweet and perfect.  


We love it served with whipped cream because it cools it down and my children don't have to be as patient to drink it.  My 2 year old calls it cupcakes because I guess the whipped cream looks like frosting to him!  A fun treat for all of us.  

Makes five 1 cup servings

Stove Top Hot Chocolate

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
dash salt
1/3 cup hot water
4 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
whipped cream or marshmallows

In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, cocoa powder and salt.  Whisk in the water and cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until it comes to a boil.  Let boil for 2 minutes, always stirring.  Gradually add milk and whisk, heating to desired temperature, but do not boil. 

Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.  Serve topped with whipped cream or marshmallows.  

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved