Monday, January 20, 2014

Malt Vinegar Salt

This was definitely an experiment.  Be prepared for your house to smell like vinegar for a day or two!


I was giving this as a gift, plus I wanted to keep some for me so I doubled the recipe that I've listed.  Probably also the reason it took a little while longer to dry out than the original recipe said.  How cute is that little jar (Target!)?  The label I made using clear circle Avery labels.  

  
This picture was taken after about 1/2 a day - the mixture was still wet and had not started to dry out.  Mine took a little over a day and half.  I even took it off the original sheet after about a day and transferred it to a clean, dry plate, which seemed to help it dry out a little faster. 

Makes 1/2 cup   

Malt Vinegar Salt 

6 tablespoons coarse salt 
1 tablespoon corn starch
1/4 cup malt vinegar

Combine all the ingredients and stir.  Pour the mixture onto a rimmed baking sheet and spread in an even, thin layer.  Let stand at room temperature, uncovered for up to a day and 1/2.  

Rake with a fork until it becomes the texture of coarse salt.  Store in an airtight container for up to 3 months. 

(Source:  Adapted from Martha Stewart)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved