Monday, January 27, 2014

Chewy Brown Sugar Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

This is now my favorite way to make oatmeal raisin cookies.  They are chewy and sweet and just awesome!  Great for an after school snack, plus they make your kitchen smell just heavenly.  And it makes a ton!  About 6 dozen.     


Absolutely do not overbake these.  They should look underdone and gooey in the middle - that's when they are the absolute best and chewiest. 


I used a cookie scoop so they were all pretty much the same size.  I would say about 2 tablespoons of dough when you drop them on the cookie sheet.  They spread and get very thin, so anything bigger and they will completely fall apart.  Believe me, I had a lot of casualties.  Well, not so much a casualty, we still ate them of course!


When I stored these, I used an airtight plastic container.  Some advice - place a piece of wax or parchment paper in between each layer.  Because they are so gooey in the middle, they end up really sticking together if you don't separate them.  Again, from personal experience...

Makes about 6 dozen

Chewy Brown Sugar Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1 cup butter, room temperature
2 2/3 cups packed light brown sugar
4 eggs, beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 cups oats
2 cups raisins

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl of a stand mixer, combine the butter and brown sugar and beat until creamy.  Add eggs and vanilla and mix.

In a small bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt.  Add dry ingredients to brown sugar mixture.  Beat until just combined.  Add oats and raisins and stir by hand.

Using a cookie scoop or spoon, drop cookie dough onto an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.  Cookies should be slightly underdone in the middle but golden around the edges.  Let cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire cooling rack.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved