Monday, January 6, 2014

Ranch Parmesan Popcorn Mix

The most addicting snack mix I have ever made.  This may even replace my homemade Chex Mix for awhile - and that's saying a lot! 


It takes just minutes to whip up - all done right in the microwave.  So easy and quick - your family will be begging you to make more!  This is a definite must make for your next party.  


You could very easily substitute other crackers or nuts in this - I used popcorn, pretzels and cashews.  The combination was awesome, but peanuts or pistachios would be very tasty as well.  

Makes 8 cups

Ranch Parmesan Popcorn Mix

2/3 cup canola oil
1 (1 oz) packet of ranch dressing mix powder
4 cups of popcorn 
3 1/2 cups mini pretzels 
1/2 cup cashews 
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the oil and ranch mix.  Stir.  Add the popcorn, pretzels and cashews and toss to evenly coat the mixture.  Heat on high for 1 minute, then stir, mixing from the bottom (the oil has a tendency to pool at the bottom).  Heat for an additional 1 minute, then add the Parmesan.  Toss to coat evenly.  Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.  

(Source:  Adapted from Averie Cooks)
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved