Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake

I feel like I've been slacking, but I haven't been baking much lately.  Well, strike that...of course I've been baking, just not anything new that I've wanted to share with y'all.  Over the past couple of weeks we've had Chocolate Cherry Cake (it was my birthday after all!) and my Chocolate Chip Blondies.  So PLENTY of baking being done, but you've seen all those!  

I did make something amazing for breakfast over the weekend that I absolutely had to share.  It's a french toast bake with, wait for it...canned cinnamon rolls!  How good are those on their own?!  Well, if those are good, then this is extreme.  Extremely tasty and extremely sweet that is.  My family flipped out for this (we may have eaten the whole thing that morning - there are 4 of us - this serves 12...yikes.  But you can't really go by those serving suggestions, right?). 


You'll start with 2 cans of the cinnamon rolls, cutting each roll into 8 pieces and placing in a greased baking dish.  Then a mixture of eggs, half and half, vanilla and cinnamon are poured all over the top.  Then if you can even stand it, maple syrup goes on top of THAT! 


Bake for about 25 minutes and the cinnamon rolls get all puffed up and golden.  Let cool for 15 minutes. 


 In the meantime, you'll take the icing that comes with the cinnamon rolls, melt it in the microwave and pour all over the top (seriously, drooling yet?).  If you want to get your kiddos ready for day by way of a sugar high, then this is your breakfast!  You can serve it with a little extra drizzle of maple syrup, too.  

 Serves 12

Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake 

2 cans (12 oz) cinnamon rolls
5 eggs
1/2 cup half & half
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla 
1/2 cup maple syrup, plus more for serving
Icing from the cinnamon rolls 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Grease a 13x9 or large oval baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.  Open the cans of cinnamon rolls and separate the rolls.  Cut each into 8 pieces and place in baking dish.  In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, half & half, cinnamon and vanilla.  Pour over top of the cinnamon rolls and then drizzle the 1/2 cup of maple syrup on top of that.  

Bake for 25-28 minutes until golden brown.  Cool for 15 minutes.  Remove the covers from the icing and microwave at 50% for 10-15 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle over the french toast bake.  Serve with maple syrup if desired.

(Source:  Adapted from Pillsbury.com)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved