Friday, January 4, 2013

Ranch Cheddar Cheese Cracker Mix

Good morning and Happy New Year y'all!  Hope your Holidays were fabulous!

Don't ya love a good snack mix?  I love Chex mix (and make a pretty mean one I have to say!) or any variation of something like that.  That's why I was super excited to find a recipe that uses ranch and cheddar cheese Ritz Bits!  The original recipe is from Paula Deen - she calls it Herbed Cheese-and-Cracker Bits.  I adapted it slightly and added goldfish crackers to mix it up a little (pretzels would be great too!  I'll definitely have to add those next time).  


You have to let the crackers sit overnight once you mix everything together so be sure to give yourself enough time for that and make them a day in advance.  Paula's recipe says to mix everything in a large sealable plastic bag, but I did mine in a large glass storage container that has a lid.  I mixed it all together in that and then was able to just throw it in the fridge.


 Warning - this is totally addicting.  And would make a great snack for a party or football get-together! 


Ranch Cheddar Cheese Cracker Mix 

1 (9.5 oz) box Ritz Cheese Bits 
4 cups Cheddar Cheese flavored Goldfish crackers
1/2 cup canola oil
1 packet Ranch salad dressing mix
1 tablespoon dried dill
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon celery seed 

Place all the crackers in a large bowl (that has a lid or use a sealable plastic bag).  In a separate bowl, mix the oil and all the seasonings.  Pour oil mixture over the crackers and place lid on top of bowl (or seal bag).  Shake gently until all the crackers are evenly coated.  Refrigerate for at least 24 hours, turning the bowl occasionally to keep crackers coated.  Serve at room temperature and store in the fridge in an airtight container.

(Source:  Adapted from Paula Deen)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved