Monday, January 14, 2013

Spicy Balsamic Pork Tenderloins

Recently, I started thumbing through some of the cookbooks I haven't opened in a really long time.  I wasn't looking for anything specific, just wanted to see if there was something different, something that really stood out.  I found the recipe for this pork loin in one of Rachael Ray's cookbooks and I loved that it was SUPER simple but so packed with flavor.  This took no time at all.  And, it's cooked at such a high temperature that it's done within 30 minutes (but I guess that's her thing, right?).  


The pork is first rubbed with balsamic vinegar, which I love (I could eat that on everything), then a mixture of minced garlic, spicy Montreal steak seasoning and thyme rubbed in.  


The outside reminds me of those pepper crusted steaks because it is just coated in seasoning.  You can also use the regular McCormick steak seasoning - not the spicy one - if you don't want the added heat.  You'll still get an very flavorful dish.    


I served ours with mashed potatoes and it was even excellent for lunch the next day on a roll with some mayonnaise.  Such a great sandwich!  And I just kind of threw that together - maybe some arugula and a little cheese and you have yourself one heck of a gourmet dinner the next night, too!   


Spicy Balsamic Pork Tenderloins

2 1/2 - 3 pounds pork tenderloin (1 package with 1 tenderloin)
3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 cloves of garlic, minced
1 tablespoon spicy Montreal steak seasoning
1 teaspoon dried thyme

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.  Trim silver skin or connective tissue with a thin, very sharp knife.  Place tenderloin on a nonstick baking sheet with a rim.  Coat tenderloins in balsamic vinegar, rubbing vinegar into meat.  Drizzle tenderloins with olive oil.

In a small bowl, combine the garlic, steak seasoning and dried thyme so it becomes sort of like a paste.  Cut small slits into the meat and rub garlic mixture into the meat.  Roast in hot oven 25-30 minutes.  Let meat rest, transfer to a carving board, slice and serve.

(Source:  Adapted from Rachael Ray)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved