Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Cheesy Alfredo Baked Penne

We eat a ton of pasta in my house, it's really the only thing that the kids will eat these days!  It's like all of a sudden they've become vegetarians.  I mean, not really, but it takes a lot to get them to eat chicken or even scrambled eggs lately.  Just at that picky stage I guess, but now I am constantly on the hunt for new and different pasta recipes (and where else but Pinterest to help me out with that!).  

This recipe was adapted from the blog Plain Chicken and it's amazing.  This was by far the best pasta bake I have ever made!  The added chicken makes it a little more hearty and I was even able to sneak a few bites past my kids.  So score one for me.  :)  I diced my chicken breast, cooked it with a little spicy grill seasoning (my go-to for every dish) and then set it aside to add to the pasta later.  You can use whatever spice you want for your chicken, even just a little salt and pepper.  


It's an incredibly easy dish, almost a one pot meal, except for cooking the chicken.  Cook the pasta, drain and return to the pot.  Then add Alfredo sauce, sour cream, ricotta, garlic, Parmesan cheese, the chicken and top with a ton of mozzarella.  Incredibly creamy and cheesy. 


My 3-year old loves to help me in the kitchen.  There are always little fingers on everything!  She's a great help and learning more and more.  


See?  Incredibly cheesy and creamy.  The mozzarella cheese gets bubbly and brown and I love those crusty bits!  


Cheesy Alfredo Baked Penne

1 16-ounce box of penne
1 15-ounce jar of Alfredo sauce
1 8-ounce container of sour cream
1 15-ounce container of ricotta cheese
1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a large oval or 9 x 13 baking dish with non-stick spray.  Cook penne according to directions on box, drain and return to the pot.  Add all the ingredients, except for the mozzarella, and stir to combine.  Pour mixture into baking dish and sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese.  Bake for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.

(Source:   Adapted from Plain Chicken)

  Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved