Monday, January 28, 2013

Japanese Ginger Dressing

Once when I had this random craving for Japanese restaurant-style ginger dressing, I just knew that I could find a copycat recipe somewhere.  And, yes, there certainly are a TON of recipes out there!  I tried a couple, found one that I liked, adapted it to suit my tastes and came up with an AMAZING dressing.  I make this often and love that you can really just eyeball your ingredients and it will turn out great every time.

  
This dressing is tangy and full of so much flavor.  I did a very simple salad of Romaine lettuce (you can use iceberg or whatever you prefer) and some carrot pieces and tomatoes and it was fresh and delicious.  Fantastic paired with my Ten Minute Stir Fry.  


Garlic, ginger, ketchup, soy sauce, sugar and lemon juice are just a few of the players in this dressing.  You literally throw everything into the food processor or blender and mix it all up.  This will take you minutes!!  Feel free to use fresh ginger root, but I used the minced ginger in the jar, just to save time.  I've used fresh ginger root before and I can't really tell a difference in taste.

Makes about 2 cups

Japanese Ginger Dressing

1/4 cup minced onion
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons minced ginger root
2 tablespoons ketchup
4 teaspoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

In a food processor or blender, combine all of the ingredients.  Blend on high speed for about 30 seconds or until all of the ingredients are well-pureed.  Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.

(Source:  Adapted from allrecipes.com)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved