Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Homemade Applesauce

I made this applesauce this morning for Max and he scarfed it down!  And honestly, it's not just for babies...Jules, my 2 1/2 year loved it and I must say, it is pretty good!  And so good for you and your family!  Nothing to it...apples and cinnamon.  That's it.  I used a potato masher to mash the apples, but you can also use a food mill if you own one, or a food processor to really puree them.   

Makes 1 1/2 cups

2 apples, peeled, cored and diced (your choice - I used red delicious)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Fill a medium saucepan with about an inch of water and bring to a boil.  Place steamer basket on top of boiling water and add apples.  Cover tightly with lid.  Steam for about 10 minutes until the apples are tender, but not too mushy.  Mash or puree, whichever you're little one can handle.  Add cinnamon and stir to combine.  

Store for up to 3 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.


                             Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved