Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup

I wish I had a better picture for this soup!!  It was a cloudy day and I just could not get a good picture anywhere!  Take my word for it, this is delicious.  And done in the Crock Pot, which I love!  I used a frozen chicken breast so if yours is already defrosted, it might not even take as long.  You can also not use the immersion blender, but my husband doesn't really like "chunky" onions and peppers.  Using the immersion blender right in the Crock Pot made this smooth and creamy.  Serve with really good bread or tortilla chips!  

Serves 6-8

1 large boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 cup canned or frozen corn (drained if from a can)
1 can cream corn 
1 cup diced bell pepper 
1/2 onion, diced
1 10 oz can Original Rotel
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon cumin 
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne

Place chicken breast in the bottom of the Crock Pot.  Add corn, peppers, onions and Rotel.  Pour in the chicken broth followed by all the seasonings.  Stir to combine and cook on low for 5-7 hours until the chicken breast is fully cooked.  

Once chicken is done, remove and shred, set aside.  Using an immersion blender, blend the soup until it becomes creamy (your call on how smooth you want this).  Place chicken back in the Crock Pot, stir and taste for seasoning.  You may need to add more salt, pepper, even cumin at this point. Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved