Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ooey Gooey S'mores Brownies

I'm not kidding when I call these Ooey Gooey.  They are a sticky, sticky mess, especially when warm.  But so worth it!  And I means, s'mores aren't the neatest thing to eat anyway, right?  You'll love the little bites of chocolate chips in between the layers.  And for those of you that saw the preview of these on my Facebook page, sorry for the delay in getting these on the blog.   My time is so consumed by feeding my little Max monster lately...he eats non-stop!  I made a ton of baby food yesterday, oatmeal, a blackberry sauce and fruit smoothies, so I should have a little time to kind of get caught up for myself.  Yay!  More treats to come.  I hope you'll enjoy these for now.  I know my family did...we couldn't stop eating them.  


Makes 12 large brownies

1 box of brownie mix, plus ingredients needed to make brownies (eggs, oil, water, etc)
8-10 honey graham crackers
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
3/4 of a bag of mini marshmallows

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray and lay the graham crackers along the bottom (you will have to break some in half to make them fit, just make it work any way you can). Prepare the brownie mix according to the box's directions and pour batter over the graham crackers.  Bake until the brownies are just set, 25-30 minutes (check your box for times).  Take brownies out of the oven and set your oven to broil.

Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the brownies, then evenly cover the top with the marshmallows.  Broil for about 30 seconds to a minute until the marshmallows are melted and a little charred.  Don't walk away, this happens very fast!

Remove from the oven and let sit for about 10 minutes.  Cut into squares with a very sharp knife, dipped in water between each cut.  This will prevent the knife from sticking to the marshmallows, because believe me it will. Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved