Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Banana and Peaches Smoothie

I'm having a blast trying new and interesting food ideas for Max.  I found this recipe in a baby food cookbook and was pleasantly surprised that this turned out to be more like a frozen yogurt than a smoothie.  Max loved it, of course (there hasn't been a single thing that I've introduced that he has not inhaled) and it made a little over 2 cups so we have extra in the freezer and fridge.  If you have a toddler at home, this is a great snack right out of the freezer...you can tell them it's ice cream!  :)  Also, if your baby is at an age where he or she is using a sippy cup, let this melt a little after you first make it and put it in a cup...then it truly is a fruit smoothie (this way it's also not so cold for them).  Or if it's easier, just use room temperature fruits.    

Makes 2 cups

1 frozen banana, sliced into 1/2 slices
1 cup frozen peaches, peeled and sliced 
1/2 cup whole-milk yogurt (not low fat or fat free)
1 tablespoon wheat germ

Put bananas, peaches, yogurt and wheat germ in a blender and blend until smooth.  Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days, or the freezer for up to 3 months.  

   

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved