Thursday, June 21, 2012

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

Instead of coming up with another recipe for these oh so amazing chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, I just used my original chocolate chip cookie recipe and added oats.  I mean, why mess with perfection?  Yes, I do believe that my chocolate chip cookies are absolute perfection.  And, in case you missed them when I posted that recipe awhile back, here's the new and improved version, with oats!  It's a toss up to which ones we like better in my household.  A tip - definitely do not over bake these.  Take these out just when you think they are almost done, that's when they are the best - they should still look a little gooey in the middle.  

Makes about 4 dozen

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup butter, room temperature (2 sticks)
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups old-fashion oats
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Add egg and beat until combined, then add vanilla extract.  In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.  Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into the batter and beat until completely mixed in.  Add oats and mix again.  Fold in chocolate chips.

Using a small cookie scoop, drop dough onto a cookie sheet and bake for 13-14 minutes until starting to turn a little golden in color.  Cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheet and then transfer to a wire rack to cool.  


Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Made these for my kids for the school week. Not quite the consistancy I was looking for. A bit too dry and crumbly. Tasted yummy though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that, but glad you liked the taste! I wonder how long you left them in? That could be it - I like mine really underdone so I might even pull them out before the time it states.

      Delete

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved