Thursday, July 12, 2012

Sweet Tea with Mint

If you live in the south and you don't initally love sweet tea, believe me you will learn to love it.  We've lived here 5 years now and I swear, just last week was the first time I experienced my husband purchasing it from the grocery store!  I've loved it from the beginning, but for him, apparently, it was an acquired taste.  Anyway, I make a pretty darn good sweet tea so I'm so excited to have it around a lot more (so I don't drink it all myself!).  And with an abundance of herbs in our backyard, I couldn't help but add fresh mint to this tea!  It's so incredibly refreshing.   

Makes 2 Quarts

6 tea bags (or 3 family size)
1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
2 cups water
1 cup sugar

In a medium saucepan, combine the water, tea bags and mint.  Bring to a boil, remove from heat and cover.  Let steep for about 15 minutes.  Remove tag bags and mint and pour warm tea into a 2 quart pitcher.  Add sugar and stir.  Fill the rest of the pitcher with cold water (or water and ice).  


                              
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved