Thursday, July 12, 2012

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Bars

Seriously, one of the easiest bar cookies you will ever make.  I mean, 5 ingredients?!  I think you might agree that these are probably one of the tastiest cookies also!  I love how gooey and sugary these are in the center.  The original recipe called for M&M's which I know would be fantastic (and I will definitely try one day) but since I didn't have them around, I just subbed with chocolate chips.  Still amazing.     

Makes 16-20 bar cookies 

3/4 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups all-purpose baking mix (pancake mix)
1 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees and spray 9x9 baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.  In a large bowl, mix the peanut butter and eggs until smooth.  Stir in the brown sugar until combined.  Add the baking mix and stir until moistened.  You will probably need to use your hands (it's a very thick batter)...I kneaded it like a dough.  Fold in the chocolate chips (again, probably will need to use your hands).  

Press dough into the baking pan and bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.  Don't overbake...these are best when they look underdone when you cut them! 

(Source:  Adapted from Rachel Cooks)

                              





Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved