Monday, July 23, 2012

Chunky Plum Applesauce

I love the color of this applesauce...don't the plums just give it this fabulous purple color?  My 8 month old, Max absolutely loves homemade applesauce and I make it all the time for him.  So, I decided to mix it up a little and add something that he had not tried before.  When it comes to fruit, this boy is not picky (not so much with veggies), so I knew this was going to be a hit.  It also made a wonderfully wholesome afternoon snack for my toddler (it's definitely not just baby food!).  

Makes 2 cups

2 apples, peeled, cored and diced (your choice - I used golden delicious)
1 plum, sliced and pit removed
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Fill a medium saucepan with about an inch of water and bring to a boil.  Place steamer basket on top of boiling water and add apples and plums.  Cover tightly with lid.  Steam for about 10 minutes until apples are tender, but not too mushy (by this time, the plum had pretty much disintegrated and I was able to just fish out the skin).  Mash or puree, whichever your little one can handle.  Add cinnamon and stir to combine.  

Store for up to 3 days in the fridge or up to 3 months in the freezer.  

                      
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved