Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream with Magic Shell

I snagged this idea about putting Magic Shell into the ice cream from my dad.  He made this while I was visiting a couple weekends ago and it was probably one of the best homemade ice creams I ever had!  He did the "putting the Magic Shell into the freezer container" trick, but I went one step farther by squeezing it directly into the ice cream maker before it was finished.  This ice cream is very soft and creamy, it didn't really harden all that much more after it sat in the freezer.  But, that's ok by me...I like that soft serve consistency.  I used just chocolate topping, but there are a number of different Magic Shell flavors - hot fudge, peanut butter - it's all up to you! 

12 servings
1 cup whole milk
3/4 cup sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 tablepoon vanilla
1/2 cup Magic Shell ice cream topping

In a medium bowl, whisk whole milk and sugar until sugar dissolves.  Whisk in the heavy cream and vanilla.  Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours or overnight.  

Set up ice cream maker and pour mixture into freezer bowl.  Turn the machine on and let stir until thickened, about 20-25 minutes.  5 minutes before it is done, start squeezing in Magic Shell topping about a tablespoon at a time (I did about 5 squeezes).  This will mix and give you the little bits throughout the ice cream.  

When the ice cream is finished, scoop into a freezer container.  In between scoops, squeeze a layer of Magic  Shell topping to get the bigger chunks throughout.  Store in freezer for at least 2 hours before eating.  

                          Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved