Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ranch Barbecue Chicken Pizza

I think I could eat barbecue chicken on just about anything...and I think I have!  Nachos, in egg rolls (click here for that recipe), sandwiches, and now pizza.  I made stromboli over the weekend and I had some extra dough to make pizza some night this week.  Have you tried my recipe for pizza dough yet?  It's so simple and makes enough for 2 pizzas.  Love, love, love having it around for a quick weeknight meal.  


Back to this pizza...what is better than barbecue chicken you ask?  How about spicy barbecue chicken with a hint of ranch?  Ta-da!  My husband and I ate the whole thing last night, yup, just the two of us.  We were lucky enough to have both kids in bed before 8.  It was heavenly.  I don't remember the last time we had an evening to ourselves like that ~ probably 7 1/2 months ago before Max was born.  Funny thing is that I think we were both asleep around 9.  


1 pound of pizza dough
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cubed
2 teaspoons spicy Montreal steak seasoning
1/2 cup barbecue sauce, divided (we use Sweet Baby Ray's) plus more for drizzling
1/4 ranch dressing, plus more for drizzling
1 1/2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese (or whatever you like - Monterey Jack or cheddar, etc)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Roll out pizza dough into a circle (for a pizza stone - you can also do this on 11x18 baking sheet, then you'll need to roll out a rectangle).  While your pizza stone is getting hot in your oven, start making your chicken.  Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a medium skillet and heat over medium heat.  Add chicken and grill seasoning and cook until done throughout.  Take off heat and add 1/4 cup barbecue sauce to the chicken,stir until combined and set aside.

In a small bowl, mix the other 1/4 cup barbecue sauce with the ranch dressing.  Once your oven is preheated, remove your pizza stone and place your rolled out dough on top.  Top pizza dough with your barbecue sauce/ranch dressing mix leaving about an inch border around the edge.  Top with chicken and cheese.  Drizzle extra barbecue sauce and ranch dressing across the entire pizza.  Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and the pizza dough crust is a golden brown.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved