Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Peach Puree with Mint

Even though I am staying at home with my kiddos, I still felt like there was no time for me to make fresh baby food for Max like I did for Jules.  So, my husband and I came up with a plan to make time...like on a Sunday morning, make all the food for that week or even month and just be done!  And that's what I did.  I also took some short cuts like using frozen peaches and peas so I literally had to open the bag, steam and puree.  It takes minutes!!  If you want to use whole peaches, you don't even have to peel them.  Just cut them into slices, steam and the peel with come right off.  Then puree.

I decided with the peaches that I was going to add a little something extra, so I grabbed some mint from our garden.  I just washed it and threw the leaves right into the food processor.  He loved it!  Although he has loved everything so far...he's our big boy and a big eater.  :)  As far as storing, I use those little plastic 1/2 cup Glad containers.  I freeze most of it and put one of them in the fridge for the next couple of days.  It's perfect for portions because Max will eat about 1/4 cup at a sitting.  


Makes 2 cups

1 bag of frozen peaches (or about 4 peaches)
2 mint leaves

Fill a saucepan with 1 inch of water and bring to a boil.  Add peaches and cover, reducing heat to a simmer. Steam for about 5-7 minutes until the peaches are tender.  Put the peaches and mint into a mini food processor (I use the one that came with our immersion blender) and puree until smooth.  

Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or freezer for up to 3 months.    

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved