Monday, April 27, 2015

Tomato, Cucumber and Red Onion Salad

I first made this salad just last week, have since made it again and plan on making it again this week!  I'm a little obsessed.  And it's not even summertime yet so I know the tomatoes are just going to get better and better.  


We are lucky here in Savannah.  Because it's so warm, our local farmers' market opens in March AND it's within walking distance to from our neighborhood!  We try to go every week - it's fun and happening and the kids love it!  At any rate, I had some really pretty tomatoes and cucumbers that I wanted to do something with, so I whipped this up as a side for dinner one night. 


The dressing is tangy, but sweet because of the honey.  It's ridiculously good.  I never would have thought to give it to my 1-year old, but I think it looked so pretty that she wanted to try.  She kept pointing at and little by little, finished off what was left of the salad.  Good for her!  She is definitely my good eater.  So go ahead, give it a whirl...especially if you have the opportunity to pick some really fresh and fabulous produce!    

Serves 4

Tomato, Cucumber and Red Onion Salad

2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
2 tablespoons red onion, diced

For the dressing
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon honey
Pinch of salt

Combine the tomatoes, cucumbers and red onion in a medium bowl.  Whisk the ingredients for the dressing together and pour over the veggies.  Toss everything together.  Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved