Monday, April 20, 2015

Carrot Cake Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

If you are big fan of carrot cake, you need to try these.  I have a hard time keeping these around when I make them.  My children LOVE them.  And if I told you they were a healthier cookie, I don't know that you would believe me...



NO refined sugar!  Maple syrup, cinnamon, coconut oil, raisins and of course the carrots, all give this cookie such a sweet flavor that you won't miss white or brown sugar.  These are soft and so chewy and amazing!!    


As with all of my cookies, I like them a bit underdone.  I think this actually allows them to keep a bit longer and not get dried out.  Not that it matters because no joke, they are usually gone in about a day in my house.  I've doubled this recipe plenty of times and it turns out great.  They also freeze well! So go ahead, make a double batch so you have some for later!


They do need chilled for a bit before baking.  If you chill them for longer than 30 minutes, you can flatten them down with the bottom of a glass for a flatter cookie.  Store leftovers for up to a week, but I highly doubt they will last that long.  Enjoy!

Yields 1 1/2 dozen

Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup old fashioned oats
3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
1 egg, room temperature
1/2 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup grated carrots

In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.  Turn the mixer on low to stir all together.  Add the coconut oil, egg, vanilla  and maple syrup and mix until just combined.  Fold in the carrots.  

Chill the dough for at least 30 minutes and preheat the oven about 1/2 way through.  Line a baking sheet with parchment and drop the cookie dough into rounded scoops on the baking sheet (I used a small cookie scoop).  Bake for 12-15 minutes and cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.  

(Source:  adapted from Amy's Healthy Baking)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved