Thursday, April 30, 2015

Banana Oat Bread

I don't know about you, but I can't get enough banana bread.  I always have bananas in the freezer so I can make it whenever I like.  This 'clean' version has quickly become a favorite in our house and I don't even think the kids noticed the difference in taste when I cut out the refined sugars! 


Since I make banana bread a LOT, I do try to mix it up a little with different flavors or add-ins.  I loved this oat version - and really thought it came out so pretty!


Kids loved it, husband loved it, I loved it!  Should've doubled the recipe!  Why don't I ever learn my lesson?  Banana bread freezes really well too so feel free to make 2 loaves.  Next time I surely will!

Makes 1 loaf

Banana Oat Bread

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup coconut sugar 
1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder 
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup buttermilk*
1 cup old fashioned oats
3 very ripe bananas, mashed with a fork

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Using an electric mixer, combine the applesauce, honey and coconut sugar.  Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda and add to the sugar mixture.  Add remaining ingredients; mix well.  Pour into a well-greased loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

*buttermilk substitute: 1/3 cup milk with 1/3 teaspoon white vinegar added; let sit for 5 minutes before adding

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved