Thursday, February 26, 2015

Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal

OMG - possibly my newest favorite breakfast.  Dare I say even better than the Blueberry and Almond Baked Oatmeal I posted a few weeks ago??


The strawberries and bananas go together so well - and that touch of chocolate is amazing.  The almonds add crunch and just overall, I'm pretty obsessed with this dish.  And honestly, isn't it gorgeous?  So pretty to take to a brunch.


I typically have to double this.  The last time I made it, I did not and I think between my kids and I, we ate the entire thing.  There was one measly little piece saved for my husband.  It was pretty much gone before he even knew I had made it!


It's incredible served warm with a drizzle of maple syrup.  But I've also eaten it straight out of the fridge, no plate, just a fork, me and this dish.  Told you I was a bit obsessed...

Serves 8-10

Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal 

2 cups old fashion oats
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
1 cup fresh strawberries
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
2 cups milk
1 egg
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 banana, sliced

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Spray an 8 x 8-inch baking pan (or pie dish) with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.

In a large bowl, mix the oats, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, half of the almonds, half of the chocolate chips and half of the strawberries.

In another bowl, mix the milk, egg, honey and vanilla extract.  Add the oat mixture to the baking dish and pour the milk mixture over the whole thing.  Add the remaining almonds, chocolate chips and strawberries in a single layer on top.  Top with the sliced banana.  Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the milk has set.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved