Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats

Overnight oats are part of my weekly meal prep every week, no exceptions.  I mean, why wouldn't they be?  They take about 5 minutes of prep for almost a week's worth of breakfast! 


These are my newest obsession.  One of my favorite flavor combinations - peanut butter and banana.  SO GOOD!!  I do not add any sweetener to these.  You can add a honey or agave when you first make them.  Or try them warmed up with a drizzle of pure maple syrup.  I think the bananas, peanut butter and vanilla make these sweet enough already.  


The great thing about overnight oats is that they keep you full!  Especially with all of these ingredients.  Are you following the 21-Day Fix?  Each serving is 1.5 yellow, 1 purple, .5 orange, and 3 teaspoons.  

 Serves 4

Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats

2 cups old fashion oats
2 cups skim milk
1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1-2 teaspoons honey or agave (optional)
2 bananas (used the day you are eating the oats)

In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the bananas.  Ladle 4 equal servings into mason jars or other airtight containers.  Cover and refrigerate overnight.  Warm in the microwave for 45 seconds to a minute, then top with 1/2 a banana, sliced, on each serving.

Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. Are there any alternatives to the chia seeds?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made these last night and had a serving for breakfast this morning. Absolutely delicious. I only had 3 jars, so my servings were a little large and came in at about 575 cals (tracked with MFP). I only had 1% milk and regular peanut butter, that could be why. However, it kept me full until lunch, so I think the pros outweigh the high calorie count and I will continue to make this dish! (Also, it has 21g of protein!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you think vanilla extract is omittable?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make basically this recipe without vanilla or chia seeds and its delicious!

      Delete

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved