Monday, February 2, 2015

Insanity Max:30 Meal Plan: February 2, 2015

This week is a LOT different than the meal plan that I posted last week.  Today I'm starting the Insanity Max:30 Nutrition to the Max plan!  It is essentially the 21-Day Fix meal plan, which is why different foods are in different colors.  There are a couple of reasons I'm doing this...first one being that I am a Beachbody coach and have not done the 21-Day Fix yet!  I think it's about time - especially with the 21-Day Fix Extreme launching TODAY.    

{Click the picture to download or print this meal plan}    
Honestly though one of the main reasons is that even though yes, we eat very healthy, I know we overeat, even on "healthier" foods.  It was an eye-opener to see that on this plan, you are allowed 1 healthy fat a day.  A 1/4 of an avocado is considered ONE healthy fat.  I was eating like 2 avocados a day!  I am fit and I workout and I drink my Shakeology every day, but lately I've just been feeling bloated.  I have a feeling my heaping portions of whole wheat spaghetti and brown rice are the culprit...so this week is an experiment in portion control for me.  I'll report back when I post next week's meal plan!

Here are a couple of the recipes from this week: 

Creamy Herb Dressing

1 medium avocado
1 1/2 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
4 tablespoons cilantro (or tarragon, mint, dill, etc)
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 dash of ground pepper
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil

Place avocado, yogurt, herbs, lemon juice and salt and pepper in a blender and blend until smooth.  Continue blending and slowly add the olive oil.  Store in the fridge, tightly covered until ready to use. 

Southwestern Seasoning

1 tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon coriander
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon sea salt

Mix and store and use as needed!


Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes (omit the bananas if following this plan)

Sweet Potato, Black Bean and Turkey Chili (I used 2 chicken breasts in place of the turkey)

Since I am not trying to lose weight at this point, I am on the maintenance plan.  In the Nutrition to the Max book, it will tell me when I should think about adding foods.  If I feel like I'm starting to lose weight (or that my energy is lacking) then I will follow the step-by-step guide of what to add in the proper order.  Pretty cool and fool proof.  They designed these plans to make it easy and manageable!


The 21-Day Fix is an amazing program.  Not only does it teach you how to eat correctly for life with it's portion control containers, but it has this great mix of workouts designed to keep you motivated and not bored!  Be sure to fill out the form below if you are looking for more information on the original 21DF, the Extreme or Insanity Max:30!

Name:

Email *

Message *

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved