Monday, February 23, 2015

Peanut Butter & Honey Energy Bites

I was in the mood to bake the other day - specifically because I needed something sweet.  I don't always have a lot of time to make cookies or muffins, but these were so quick and easy that I know I'll be able to make them any time my sweet tooth hits.


These reminded me of the nougat part of a candy bar.  They are ridiculously yummy!  The chia seeds and chocolate chips are optional, and if you leave them out, add a bit more oats.  But I would highly recommend both!  


After I rolled them, I immediately put them in the freezer and actually kept them in there.  You can keep them in the fridge too, but they will be very soft and sticky.  Best to keep them in the freezer and let sit for a minute to soften before eating.  Also, this should make about 18 - and if I had stopped myself from eating this by the spoonful as I making them, I probably would have had more to share later, haha!  
  
Makes approximately 18 bites

Peanut Butter & Honey Energy Bites

2/3 cup natural peanut butter
2/3 cup honey
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
2 tablespoons chia seeds
2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (optional)

Microwave the peanut butter for about 20 seconds (if necessary) until melted.  Stir in the honey, oats, chia seeds and mini chocolate chips.  Place in the fridge for about 2 hours to firm up.  Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of the mixture (I used a small cookie scoop), roll into a ball and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment.  Store covered in fridge or freezer.  

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved