Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Chocolate Sugar Cookies

I love a good chewy sugar cookie.  One that you can really sink your teeth into but is soft in the middle and so buttery.  If you're like me, who also is a chocolate fanatic, you'll love these cookies!    


I have been sticking to healthier treats for our family, but I saw these on Pinterest and immediately had to make them.  We've been doing so well overall as a family with our eating, it was time for a little sweet treat.  I was not disappointed!  Sweet and chocolaty and so yummy!  

Makes 2 dozen

Chocolate Sugar Cookies

1/3 cup sugar
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
1 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg plus 1 egg yolk
1 1/2 cups plus 2 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Pour the sugar onto a small plate and set aside.  In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, vanilla and salt until well combined.  Add the egg and egg yolk, mix again.  Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder and mix until combined.  The dough should be pretty stiff.  Roll the dough into balls, about 2 tablespoons of the dough each.  Roll each ball in the sugar, then place on a baking sheet.  Flatten slightly with the bottom of a glass.  Bake for 12-14 minutes until they have puffed up a bit.

(Source:  Recipe from The Baker Upstairs)

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved