Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Barbecue Chicken Pizza

I've posted a recipe for barbecue chicken on my blog before, but it is so good that it really needed an update.  Check it out (click here) and see for yourself what I mean...I've come a LONG way!!


I've recently became a huge fan of red onions.  And they really make this pizza (if you're not a fan, feel free to leave out).  And the fresh cilantro takes the flavors to a whole other level!  So good!!  


I roll my pizzas out super thin, almost like a flat bread.  I want to taste all the flavors, not just eat a lot of dough.  Make sure you click the link in the ingredients for the pizza dough - so easy and great to have in your fridge and freezer at all times!  

Serves 4-6

Barbecue Chicken Pizza

1 pound of pizza dough
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
1 tablespoon salt-free spicy seasoning (like Mrs. Dash Southwestern blend)
1/2 cup barbecue sauce (we use Sweet Baby Ray's), divided
2 tablespoons ranch dressing
2-3 tablespoons diced red onion
1 1/2 cup shredded cheese (we use a Mexican blend)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped

Preheat oven to 375 degrees with pizza stone inside.  Roll out pizza dough into a circle (or close to it for a pizza stone).  While your pizza stone is getting hot in your oven, start making your chicken.  Add the olive oil to a medium skillet and heat on medium.  Add chicken and toss with grill seasoning, cook until done throughout.  Take off heat and add 1/4 cup of the barbecue sauce to the chicken.  Stir until combined and set aside.

In a small bowl, combine the remaining barbecue sauce with the ranch dressing.  Remove pizza stone and place rolled out dough on top.  Top pizza dough with barbecue/ranch mixture, leaving about an inch border around the edge.  Top with chicken, cheese and red onion.  Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the pizza crust is a golden brown.  Top with fresh cilantro.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved