Friday, July 4, 2014

Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad

I'm a big fan of chicken salad.  My favorite has always been made with mayo, grapes, pecans and a squeeze of lemon served on a croissant.  But...since we've been doing a Clean Eating challenge with my Beachbody team, I needed to get rid of the mayo and the croissant if I wanted chicken salad.  I've been using Greek yogurt as a substitute for all my oils, sour creams and mayonnaise for the past couple of weeks so decided to swap it out in my chicken salad - SO good!!  


Greek yogurt is a little tangy, but the sweetness of the grapes and apples off set that a little.  This is just absolutely delicious.  My husband doesn't even like chicken salad and he loved this.  Such a great lunch - make on Sunday and have an tasty, healthy, clean eating lunch for the next couple of days!

Serves 4

Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad

2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
1/3 cup diced celery
1/3 cup diced apple
1/3 cup grapes, cut in half
Juice of half a lemon

Pan steam the chicken by filling a deep skillet with about an inch of water, add chicken and bring to a boil.  Cook for about 20 minutes or until done throughout.  Shred, place in a medium bowl.  Add the Greek yogurt, celery, apple, grapes and lemon juice.  Stir to combine and salt and pepper to taste.  Serve on toasted wheat bread or on top of lettuce.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved