Thursday, July 10, 2014

Chicken Burrito Bowls

This is a very quick and easy, healthy meal that is great for a weeknight when you don't have much time.  The ingredients are simple and fresh and it's so good!  


You can make this according to your tastes - omit certain veggies or add new ones (peppers, avocado?).  I just used what we had on hand at the time.  I've also become a HUGE fan of red onion and don't mind it raw, which is so weird because I generally don't like any onions raw - or cooked for that matter (unless they are really hidden in a dish).  


We did nothing but a little squeeze of lime mixed in.  The ingredients are so flavorful together that it didn't really need anything else in my opinion.  You could top yours with sour cream, salsa, guacamole; whatever you like!  

Serves 2-3

Chicken Burrito Bowls

1 tablespoon coconut oil (or olive oil)
2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
1 1/2 tablespoons salt-free seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash Southwestern blend)
1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup canned corn (or thawed if frozen)
1 Roma tomato, diced
2 tablespoons red onion, diced
1 - 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 lime
2 cups cooked brown rice

Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a medium skillet.  Add diced chicken and toss in seasoning.  Cook chicken until done throughout, about 7-10 minutes.  Meanwhile, dice and drain all the veggies and beans and cut the lime in half.

Place about a cup of rice each in 2 bowls and top with equal portions of the chicken and veggies/beans to taste.  Squeeze about 1/2 of a lime over each bowl and stir together.  Top with sour cream, salsa or guacamole if desired.    

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved