Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Burritos

Are you ready for how freaking simple this is?  I literally assembled the first steps of this in maybe 2 minutes. And it makes a ton!!  Six large burritos is definitely being generous...I probably had enough to do closer to 8.  Needless to say, we ate this for a couple nights in a row and were lucky enough to have my dad visiting so we could share it with him, too!


My daughter, who is 2, also learned a new word, "spicy."  Jules is so good about eating whatever we make, but sometimes if I feel like something is too spicy for her, I will make her something separate.  Honestly, I shouldn't even be worried about it...Jules loves her chicken spicy (ha, Seinfeld)!  She could not get enough of these burritos and then kept fanning her mouth like it was too hot (but kept going back for more).  It all depends on the type of salsa you use because that is the only thing adding any heat to this.  I used medium and it had just the right kick. 

6 servings

Crock Pot Chicken Burritos

2 large frozen chicken breasts
2 cups salsa (your favorite)
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 8oz brick of reduced fat cream cheese
1/2 cup light ranch dressing
Cooked rice
Large flour tortillas
Shredded cheese (I used a taco blend, but it's your preference)

With your Crock Pot on high, put in your chicken breasts followed by the black beans, corn and salsa.  Let cook for 5-7 hours until the chicken is cooked through and can be shredded.  

Once cooked through, remove your chicken, shred and put back into the Crock Pot.  Add the cream cheese and ranch and continue cooking on low until the cream cheese is melted, for at least 1/2 hour.  Meanwhile, make your rice for the burritos.  

On the flour tortillas, place a layer of the chicken mixture, followed by the rice, then cheese.  Roll and Enjoy!!  
Print Friendly and PDF

6 comments:

  1. I'm totally going to make this next week!! Looks so yummy! And if Jules approves, then who am I saw otherwise. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was also delicious. Sure did eat good during my visit. Good job Brooke and will definity make this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made these for Holly and Ben yesterday for supper. They really liked them and so easy to make. Also made the lemon cake for dessert. It too was very good and so moist. Thanks for the recipes Brooke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We used this a dip also with our leftovers. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you put the chicken in while it's still frozen? Can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Absolutely! I always put my chicken in frozen. Enjoy!

      Delete

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved