Saturday, March 3, 2012

Spicy Mayonaise Chicken

Sounds weird, right?  I don't know if I would have made this if I had not watched Bobby Deen make this on Paula's show...and sorry the picture doesn't really do it justice!!  This recipe is adapted from the Deen brothers and I really only tried it because I make something really similar with mayo, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese...and anything spicy is ok in my book.  As I was making this, I was really unsure because the combination of the all the ingredients didn't really seem to fit one another - lemon zest and cayenne?  But, oh my, this was unbelievable.  And the  mayonnaise mixture that you spread on the chicken is AMAZING mixed with mashed potatoes.  You gotta try this!! 


Makes 2 servings

1/2 cup mayo
Zest of 1 lemon
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon celery seeds
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 large chicken boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Slice the chicken breasts in half so you are cutting like you are opening a book (this will make 4 thin chicken breasts).  

In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon zest, paprika, celery seeds, salt, pepper and cayenne.  Season the chicken with salt and pepper.  Place the chicken in a baking dish and slather the mayonnaise mixture over the chicken.  Bake about 20-25 minutes until the chicken is done (juices should run clear when pricked with a fork).  
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks!! I've been working really hard at it!!

      Delete
  2. I wish my hubby was able to eat mayo but it makes him super sick. :-(. Looks super yummy!

    ReplyDelete

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved