Saturday, March 3, 2012

Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Glaze

These pumpkin cookies are so soft and the glaze is just the right touch to put these right over the top. This is a classic pumpkin recipe from Libby's Pumpkin, but I did substitute the original spices for pumpkin pie spice.  These are like mini spice cakes!  I have quite an excess of pumpkin in my house because I tend to overstock when it comes out around fall time.  I don't know about where you live, but I cannot get canned pumpkin until it's like September!  So, I have a can or two in the pantry and even some in the freezer...I think I'm good for another dozen or so pumpkin recipes!  Guess I'll have to get thinking!!   

Makes 3 dozen cookies

2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temp
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Glaze
2 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a medium bowl.  With an electric mixer, beat sugar and butter until well mixed.  Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla until combined.  Gradually add flour mixture.  Using a cookie scoop, drop dough onto cookie sheet.  Bake 15-18 minutes or until firm.  Cool completely on wire cooling rack and drizzle with glaze.  

Glaze
Combine all ingredients until smooth.  Using a spoon, drizzle glaze over the cookies by dipping it into bowl and waving the spoon back and forth over the cookies.  
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved