Saturday, March 31, 2012

Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Vinegar

It's not quite Summer yet - it's only been officially Spring for 10 days - but in Savannah, we've already been to the beach a couple times and it sure feels like Summer to me!  Fresh asparagus makes me think of the warmer months and this just went great with chicken we made on the grill the other night.  Easy and healthy and I guarantee that your entire family will love this recipe.  Kiddos and all!  

Serves 2-3

1 pound of asparagus
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Snap off the woody end of a piece of asparagus and use that as a guide to cut the ends of the rest of the bunch.  Lay them in a single layer on a baking sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Use your hands to make sure they are all covered.  

Roast for 12-15 minutes, until tender.  Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.  
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved