Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Roasted Salmon with Lemon and Dill

This recipe was only the second time that I've prepared salmon in my life.  I wasn't sure the best way to cook it and was overwhelmed when I asked what the best way to prepare it was on Facebook!  So currently, baked in foil is the ONLY way I know how to make salmon but I LOVE it.  Couldn't be easier...and this roasted salmon with lemon and dill is so flavorful and amazing!


The sauce is quick and delicious and the lemons just pair so well with it all!  My 18-month old scarfed it down, my husband loved it and of course my 3 and 5-year olds wouldn't touch it.  No surprise there.  


Serve with a side of sauteed or roasted veggies and you have yourself one quick but very beautiful and gourmet dinner.  So, let me ask here as well...what is your favorite way to prepare salmon?   The next time I make it, I definitely want to try it on the grill.  But I would love to here how you make it!  


Serves 4

Roasted Salmon with Lemon and Dill

1 1/4 pound good quality salmon
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried dill
1 lemon, sliced
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine the olive oil, garlic and dill in a small bowl.  Set aside.  Place the salmon filet in a piece of foil large enough to fold over and seal.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Pour the olive oil mixture evenly over the salmon, then top with lemon slices.

Bake for 12-14 minutes or until firm.  Turn on the broiler, open the foil and allow the salmon to broil for 2-3 minutes.  Keep an eye on it!  Remove, cut into servings and serve immediately.

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

FREE eCookbook!

Search

My photo
I'm a super busy mom of 3 and a Beachbody coach. Follow along as I try to find a balance between eating good food and keeping my family healthy and happy! We eat mostly clean with a few fun treats thrown in every once in awhile. Thanks for stopping by!

What I'm Pinning...

I'm on Instagram!



Rivit Media
PublisherMunchkin Land Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved